Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

spanish wander, need some recommendations

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
stevespg

Post by stevespg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

most years, I head off to le mans classic, spa, nurburgring, and last year did a 2000 mile over a week tour around most of the classic twisty switchback mountain roads around france, italy, switzerland etc. (stelvio, and most pf the passes in that region - black mountains route through germany - etc), I tend to enjoy the more scenic open mountain roads rather than than the more touristy switchbacks

This year, I have a plan to drive down through france, and into spain. Maybe april/May time. Ive never driven to spain, and have no real idea yet where is a really good region to head for, or for that matter particularly good routes or roads to head for whilst there yet.

typically might do 200 or 300 miles in a day, camp, beer, repeat till knackered. A bit of a lads away sort of thing rather than a hotel event, though i'd use hotels on occasion. The Plan once suitably knackered is a return ferry from santander to uk to permit recovery.

SO.... has anyone undertaken that sort of trip to Spain and can share roads to head for, roads to avoid. perhaps areas of particular interest that would be an essential visit?

thanks all
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

Petervaikimo

Post by Petervaikimo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, but have owned other little sporty numbers through the years. One of the trips I did down through France and on to Alicante and a great nude beach, but that's another story, was in the MX5 which was a hoot and a half.
I'll see if I can locate the route, but if not, I still know the Organiser, so could get him to email it over to you, if you are interested.
I would certainly be up for a trip, but would prefer to include more B&B's than camping. My bones tend to creak after a long day in the saddle, so like to soak in some tepid water.
But anyway count me in, as I have a villa booked in Quinta do Largo at the beginning of May. Sleeps 10, if interested. The length of France and Spain and then back up to Santander. Lot of driving but with a nice luxury break in the middle.
Bests, Petervaikimo
Triumph Spitfire | MK II | MK IV | Ford Mustang Mach II | MX5 MK I | MX5 MK3.5 | E85 2.5 Roadster |

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Im told Lourdes is worth a visit if up in the Pyrennes but i'd also factor in the Milau Viaduct myself if in that area
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)