Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trossachs Run/Meet - Sunday 15th October 2017

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
MefiEcosse

Trossachs Run/Meet - Sunday 8th October 2017

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:52 am

Date now set as 8th October! :thumbsup:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:36 am

Highlander wrote:I've read all the threads relating to proposed driving days and there's never a lot of info released..............so I don't commit to attending...think it would be frowned upon to be adding myself to the list of attendee's then not attending because I don't fancy a mystery tour!!
Don't get the whole "public forum" secrecy thing.
The reason people,including myself,don't post too much info on here is that anyone can read it,including local police. Has been known. So why advertise where a bunch of sports cars are going to be,lol.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:37 am

MefiEcosse wrote:Date now set as 8th October! :thumbsup:
Good man,Rich. Look forward to it

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 am

The reason people,including myself,don't post too much info on here is that anyone can read it,including local police. Has been known. So why advertise where a bunch of sports cars are going to be,lol.[/quote]

Anyone COULD indeed read it...but why would it be of ANY interest to them to even be on a random car forum....there must be thousands of car forums!!
What is it that......"has been known"

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Highlander wrote:The reason people,including myself,don't post too much info on here is that anyone can read it,including local police. Has been known. So why advertise where a bunch of sports cars are going to be,lol.
Anyone COULD indeed read it...but why would it be of ANY interest to them to even be on a random car forum....there must be thousands of car forums!!
What is it that......"has been known"[/quote]

Not sure why you've picked this thread to debate this, can I suggest you start a seperate one if you want to continue the debate and leave this one free for those that want to attend!
As this is a run I'm organising I'M choosing not to make the route public but I'm happy to give anyone a brief idea of the places we'll visit, just drop me a message if you really need to know! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:09 pm

craig3.2 wrote:
Highlander wrote:I've read all the threads relating to proposed driving days and there's never a lot of info released..............so I don't commit to attending...think it would be frowned upon to be adding myself to the list of attendee's then not attending because I don't fancy a mystery tour!!
The reason people,including myself,don't post too much info on here is that anyone can read it,including local police. Has been known. So why advertise where a bunch of sports cars are going to be,lol.
To be fair Jim, even if you did know the route in advance, you would probably go your own route anyway. :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Nictrix wrote:
craig3.2 wrote:
To be fair Jim, even if you did know the route in advance, you would probably go your own route anyway. :lol:

:rofl: That what I was thinking!

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:45 pm

So who's organising a March meeting?

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am

:D
When you've all stopped laughing can I remind you that me & Mandy were the only ones that followed the printed route from the start of the only run we've been on.....it was 3rd exit at BROXDEN :thumbsup:
Sorry for the thread drift Rich.....I have a habit of random train of thoughts.If you could PM me a rough idea of what you've got in mind for October that'd be great.......it's a bit early for me to make plans but as it's local I should be OK to join in.
Now,down to the serious stuff.......who all fancies a day out in March??.......I can start a new thread if necessary.

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:04 pm

:D As ever tied to work but so far have always managed to arrange things to make a Scottish meet. Tell me when and where and I will do my best to be there. :thumbsup:

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 pm

I'll start a new thread rather than lead this astray and we can decide on an area around who shows interest....how's that sound??

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Highlander wrote:I'll start a new thread rather than lead this astray and we can decide on an area around who shows interest....how's that sound??
Look forward to joining the new thread! :thumbsup:
I've sent you that PM Jim.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 am

Thanks...tried to add my name to your list on 1st post but I'm assuming only you can do that.....so could you do the honours please.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 am

MefiEcosse wrote:
Highlander wrote:The reason people,including myself,don't post too much info on here is that anyone can read it,including local police. Has been known. So why advertise where a bunch of sports cars are going to be,lol.
What is it that......"has been known"
Not sure why you've picked this thread to debate this, can I suggest you start a seperate one if you want to continue the debate and leave this one free for those that want to attend!
As this is a run I'm organising I'M choosing not to make the route public but I'm happy to give anyone a brief idea of the places we'll visit, just drop me a message if you really need to know! :thumbsup:[/quote]

Hey,where did all this come from Rich?

I was only explaining to Highlander why it isn't a good idea to put full meet info on an open ,public forum.

Jim obviously doesn't want to go on my" mystery tour", haha :rofl:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 am

What is it that......"has been known"[/quote]

For Police to look on the net regards Car Meets,bikers meets,etc and police them accordingly....Increased presence.