Trip to Belgian F1

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Post Reply
C58
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by C58 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey all,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice. Im taking a few days off over the bank holiday to tick the Belgian F1 off the bucket list ... very excited! This will be the Zeds first european outing so just wondered if anyone had any advice on routes? At present the plan is to get the eurotunnel out on the friday morning, its then about 300kms to the town of Reims which seems like a good place to spot, id rather not do too much driving, then the next day its another 250 kms to luxembourg. Ive never been but figured it would be a good place to stop on the way to Spa. its then 85 kms to the circuit. After the F1 ive got an evening and the next day spare before the train back, any recommendations in the area? it'll just be myself going so nothing romantic please :D
Image

DibbleCorse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 pm
Location: Reading

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by DibbleCorse » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm lost .... if you are taking the Tunnel you can make Spa direct in c4 hours, we did in an FFRR ... I'd get there, get plotted up and then go watch set up, practice etc .... great pizzas in Stavelo ... where are you staying ?
Cars: E89 Z4 3.0i M Sport, VW Scirocco 2.0 GT TFSI
Bikes: Ducati 996, Ducati 999R Fila, Ducati Hyperstrada
Pets: Charlie and Luigi the cats.
Wife: Just the one.

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9797
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by buzyg » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Your taking it nice and casual then. We finished at the circuit 4pm, last visit there and were home in Cornwall by 1:30am. :driving: :D

The town is rather nice. We stayed in the Radison Blue. Cool vernacular railway up to the spar. :thumbsup:
Image

Zoomer
Member
Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by Zoomer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:31 pm

If it's anything like Monza I'd recommend taking some hi density foam to sit on as the metal seating was terrible last year. The GP was still great though
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (214.97 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Silver 3.0i Z4 now gone
Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather , 224's Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,DICE ,Cruise and a nice warm garage.

Truman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:49 am

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by Truman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 am

buzyg wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm
Your taking it nice and casual then. We finished at the circuit 4pm, last visit there and were home in Cornwall by 1:30am. :driving: :D

The town is rather nice. We stayed in the Radison Blue. Cool vernacular railway up to the spar. :thumbsup:
We did the Spa Classic last year and stayed in the Raddison..not a bad hotel is it.. :)

C58
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by C58 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 am

DibbleCorse wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm
I'm lost .... if you are taking the Tunnel you can make Spa direct in c4 hours, we did in an FFRR ... I'd get there, get plotted up and then go watch set up, practice etc .... great pizzas in Stavelo ... where are you staying ?
im lost, why would you want to do that much driving in a day when you could take it easy and enjoy some of europe? :D
Image

User avatar
stevo///m3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am
X-Box live gamer tag: therealcrab
Location: Leeds - you know where it is

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm also going to Spa but we're going on Thursday night to Dover and Friday morning ferry across, arriving hopefully to see FP3 and camping until Monday morning. Hire car so no Z fun but taking time out. Hope you enjoy and maybe see you there!
Stevo

DibbleCorse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 pm
Location: Reading

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by DibbleCorse » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 pm

C58 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 am
DibbleCorse wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm
I'm lost .... if you are taking the Tunnel you can make Spa direct in c4 hours, we did in an FFRR ... I'd get there, get plotted up and then go watch set up, practice etc .... great pizzas in Stavelo ... where are you staying ?
im lost, why would you want to do that much driving in a day when you could take it easy and enjoy some of europe? :D
Fair play, its a great circuit, be sure to walk round it .....
Cars: E89 Z4 3.0i M Sport, VW Scirocco 2.0 GT TFSI
Bikes: Ducati 996, Ducati 999R Fila, Ducati Hyperstrada
Pets: Charlie and Luigi the cats.
Wife: Just the one.

C58
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by C58 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:17 pm

stevo///m3 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm
I'm also going to Spa but we're going on Thursday night to Dover and Friday morning ferry across, arriving hopefully to see FP3 and camping until Monday morning. Hire car so no Z fun but taking time out. Hope you enjoy and maybe see you there!
Stevo
ahh awesome, well im just going to get there for the sunday but if you see a black zed with a GB sticker on the back say hi, have a great trip! :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
Kingfisher
Member
Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:04 pm
Location: South of France.

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by Kingfisher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Lille, Mons, Namur, Liege, Spa ... under 3 hours, 200 and odd miles.
Dec 2014 ... E89 35is sDrive M DCT ... Red ... :driving:

ZeeFourX
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 am

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by ZeeFourX » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 am

Got any photos of your trip?

User avatar
1doohan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Trip to Belgian F1

Post by 1doohan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 am

http://www.aeaventures.com/page-2.html

i have stayed with this guy a few times, English and a couple kms from Spa.
I would boot it around the E40 to J27...N64 to Huy N66 to Ville...N86 to Aywaille....N697 to Spa. 4 hours ish.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Japseroony, MickAdams, Nick_in_Suffolk, ph001 and 7 guests