Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"Reduction in price to move hood motor into boot"

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
daggers

Post by daggers » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm in the process of removing the pump and motor without removing the roof so far its been a right pain in the arse - what sh*t design
Ive managed to get the unit out of its watery hole and undone the 2 socket head screws holding the motor onto the pump unfortunately I was undoing the screws "blind" and the motor disengaged and some pins and a bearing fell out - my question is has anyone got an exploded view or photo showing how the assembly goes together please ?
Cheers Seve

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 am

Seeing as most folk are just about to get back on the road this post maybe needs resurrecting although some are already booked in.
Happy motoring everybody.
[*]Sold,Silver grey 2007 2.5si Sport convertible.previous 03 2.7boxter,2.0 MX5,Golf R,2.9Boxster,golf gti,Now Z4 e23i and M135i

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

My sister in law was up from Birmingham in her 2007 2.0 Z4 this week so it was up to Daves to get the roof motor moved into the boot.
This car lives outside and its a year since I cleaned the roof drain holes so was expecting it to be wet.What a surprise when it was all perfectly dry and looking brand new.It will stay looking that way now so job well done.
[*]Sold,Silver grey 2007 2.5si Sport convertible.previous 03 2.7boxter,2.0 MX5,Golf R,2.9Boxster,golf gti,Now Z4 e23i and M135i

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Haway Mike!
Was the first mod i did on mine shortly after buying it and following advice from the forum.
Was a wonderful trip up to durham from liverpool to meet dave, cory and your good self. Only downer was the crappy weather and not being able to go for a blast around the lovely countryside up there :(
But the jobs a goodun and the roof motor is still working perfectly :thumbsup:
Best regards to dave and cory for a job well done! :wink:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (256.47 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (213.96 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (258.99 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Cheers Chris will pass on your regards.If you are back up this way let me no and I will arrange a meet with the locals.

papacham

Post by papacham » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Wish Dave came to Greece for a holiday - and relocate my z4's motor before going to the islands...

it seems that my motor is dying - it is just very slow... no noise or something just slow... although i noticed that the inner lining of the top is actually sitting on the roll bars... can anyone tell me if there is space between your hood's inner lining and the two roll bars?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:49 am

papacham wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 pm Wish Dave came to Greece for a holiday - and relocate my z4's motor before going to the islands...

it seems that my motor is dying - it is just very slow... no noise or something just slow... although i noticed that the inner lining of the top is actually sitting on the roll bars... can anyone tell me if there is space between your hood's inner lining and the two roll bars?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
The head lining hanging lower than it should ( sitting on the top of the roll bars ) is a different issue to the motor failure / relocation issue discussed here. However it could be that if your lining is hanging down badly it could be obstructing the roof working correctly .

This post may help sort at least one of your issues .

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=77459

Perhaps start with the above and see if that helps.

Bryan

papacham

Post by papacham » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi and thank you for the link - will check it out over the weekend

i contacted the dealer and asked them about it - they got back to me telling me that the pump probably needs to be top up with fluid and that should do the trick - in similar cases they had the motor is fine...

Of course they will take my z4 for two days and remove the hood to do it as per standard procedure... (and quite a few euros less for me...)

When i asked them about possible motor relocation - they cannot do it as they are official bmw dealer - so Dave should visit Athens asap...

Cheers and i will let you know how that goes

DJW

Post by DJW » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 am

Gents - does anyone know of anyone with these masterful skills in the south of England - Wiltshire ways?

My motor has just packed up (for a second time) - epic timing. But a 600-mile round trip is just a little too far.

Cheers

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 am

DJW wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 am Gents - does anyone know of anyone with these masterful skills in the south of England - Wiltshire ways?

My motor has just packed up (for a second time) - epic timing. But a 600-mile round trip is just a little too far.

Cheers
That would be bowser (bowser134) - see this thread for details, or (if you're further towards Bristol side of Wilts) Number5 - see this thread
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

DJW

Post by DJW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:05 pm

markeg wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 am
DJW wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 am Gents - does anyone know of anyone with these masterful skills in the south of England - Wiltshire ways?

Cheers
That would be bowser (bowser134) - see this thread for details, or (if you're further towards Bristol side of Wilts) Number5 - see this thread
Thank you!!

papacham

Post by papacham » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

papacham wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:51 pm Hi and thank you for the link - will check it out over the weekend

i contacted the dealer and asked them about it - they got back to me telling me that the pump probably needs to be top up with fluid and that should do the trick - in similar cases they had the motor is fine...

Of course they will take my z4 for two days and remove the hood to do it as per standard procedure... (and quite a few euros less for me...)

When i asked them about possible motor relocation - they cannot do it as they are official bmw dealer - so Dave should visit Athens asap...

Cheers and i will let you know how that goes
Bad news. And good news.

Bad news: it seems the motor is dead. I have got really ugly pics of a fully rusted motor. Seriously if this happened in a Japanese car, the entire team would have Hara-kiri because of the shame of such a bad design...

Good news: new motor installed.

And bonus: managed to convince them to do it properly > in the boot :rofl:

So this should be sorted now! :thumbsup:

Ldotwalton

Post by Ldotwalton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:16 pm

How much would it be to replace the motor at the same time?

rudolf

Post by rudolf » Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am

Hi All,

Just joined the forum with my first plea for help.

I've just bought a Z4 (E85) - only had it a month, and it seems my roof motor has ceased, just wondering if there is anyone near London here recommended for the - revival (or renewal) of the motor and relocation challenge/opportunity?

I've seen Bowser and Dave mentioned in this chat for example, however can't seem to find contact details.

Thanks in advance for your help all!
Much obliged.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 am

rudolf wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am Hi All,

Just joined the forum with my first plea for help.

I've just bought a Z4 (E85) - only had it a month, and it seems my roof motor has ceased, just wondering if there is anyone near London here recommended for the - revival (or renewal) of the motor and relocation challenge/opportunity?

I've seen Bowser and Dave mentioned in this chat for example, however can't seem to find contact details.

Thanks in advance for your help all!
Much obliged.
Bowser is nearest
After you've made a few posts you can use the PM function.
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted