Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Relaxation in CHRIS KNOTT age and experience criteria

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
ChrisKnottIns

Re: Relaxation in CHRIS KNOTT age and experience criteria

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:14 pm

The insurers we have on board are happy to reduce the age requirement from 30 but are still nervous about going below 28. Thankfully, it looks like we'll soon have another provider that will allow us to quote for age 25 on Z4s. :)
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Chris Knotts can quote you even younger
As intimated in my last post we have further great news for members - we now have a provider on board that will quote at lower driver ages.

For young drivers we can now offer cover at age 19 for Comprehensive on most non-performance models and smaller/older hot-hatches. You must have held a full licence for 12 months and have at least one year's NCB.

This new facility also means that we can now quote Z4s for drivers aged 25 and over. The provider is also adopting the experience requirement we have in place so you'll need to have 12 months' experience of the vehicle or one of similar performance. This will help us to protect the account in these early days.

Chris Knotts can quote your postcode
On the postcode side of things we can now quote SK1-12 where this was previously a no-no - insurers have agreed to open up those postcodes (though there may be parking requirements for some postcode sub-sectors).

Along with the M, L, and OL postcode relaxations we've already notified you about, we're really pleased to be able to bring you these extra positive changes.

It's great when you can see proof that we're working harder to assist more car club/forum members - in this case, removing some of the barriers to you getting a competitive quote from us if you're otherwise a safe risk.

Please pick up the phone and ask us to quote when your renewal is due.

Don't forget to mention the club code below to make sure you receive the full club scheme benefit.

Ste

Post by Ste » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:12 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:For young drivers we can now offer cover at age 19 for Comprehensive on most non-performance models and smaller/older hot-hatches. You must have held a full licence for 12 months and have at least one year's NCB.
But not a Z4?

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:This new facility also means that we can now quote Z4s for drivers aged 25 and over.

Transmat

Post by Transmat » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Sounds good, I'll give you a try when my renewal is up in dec, and if you can beat £430 for a 34 year old with 12 years no claims in Surrey you'd get my business.

It's a shame you still can't quote for under 25s though, there are plenty of younger Z4 drivers out there, other insurance companies seem to be able to offer cover for them, it seems more like a disadvantage for you more than anything.

Ste

Post by Ste » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Just got a quote of £630 for the Z fully comp, i'm 21.

That'll do nicely :thumbsup:

Transmat

Post by Transmat » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Ste wrote:Just got a quote of £630 for the Z fully comp, i'm 21.

Is this via Chris knott? That's an excellent price, what was the excess?

Ste

Post by Ste » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:59 am

Transmat wrote:
Ste wrote:Just got a quote of £630 for the Z fully comp, i'm 21.

Is this via Chris knott? That's an excellent price, what was the excess?
Nope Chris Knott won't quote someone my age on a Z. Its with Admiral, £400 excess.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 am

That's all well and good, but how about you actually provide competitive quotes?

I'm over 30, no accidents and convictions (no points), full 15 years no claims, car is parked in brick, alarmed garage, it's not modified, it's not my first rear-wheel drive, and my post code is one of the best in the UK.
According to your own adviser, I'm the "perfect" person to insure.
Yet you are, by far, the most expensive insurer for me out there - by a long way.

I'm not expecting any sort of response tho, as it's the same thing every year with you guys...
:zzzz:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

sk93 wrote:That's all well and good, but how about you actually provide competitive quotes?

I'm over 30, no accidents and convictions (no points), full 15 years no claims, car is parked in brick, alarmed garage, it's not modified, it's not my first rear-wheel drive, and my post code is one of the best in the UK.
Yet you are, by far, the most expensive insurer for me out there - by a long way.

I'm not expecting any sort of response tho, as it's the same thing every year with you guys...
Maybe it's the location then... always hard to say with insurers. I know a lot of people who have had excellent quotes from Admiral, Bell etc.. and some where the price is eye watering, sometimes it's hard to tell, insurance is not a one hat fits all thing. All I will say is it's worth (to most members) the few minutes it takes to give them a call. It didn't work out for you, and to be honest if they have the same underwriter next year it probably won't work out for you then either, but in some cases there are some significant savings to be had.

Chris Knott are a good fit for our vehicles most of the time, so I imagine there is some other factor influencing your quote. Being that Chris Knott are a broker and not the underwriter I am not sure if even they could give you the definitive answer to why it's high, but my gut feeling is it's not your car.

Don't take it personally though
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:00 pm

sk93, if you PM me your name and postcode I'll take a look at your most recent quote to see if I can give you an answer as to why we've quoted what we have.

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Ohhhhh, 25 now, I'll give you guys a shot in February then.
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:34 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:sk93, if you PM me your name and postcode I'll take a look at your most recent quote to see if I can give you an answer as to why we've quoted what we have.
Done.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
sk93 wrote:That's all well and good, but how about you actually provide competitive quotes?

Maybe it's the location then... always hard to say with insurers. I know a lot of people who have had excellent quotes from Admiral, Bell etc.. and some where the price is eye watering, sometimes it's hard to tell, insurance is not a one hat fits all thing. All I will say is it's worth (to most members) the few minutes it takes to give them a call. It didn't work out for you, and to be honest if they have the same underwriter next year it probably won't work out for you then either, but in some cases there are some significant savings to be had.

Chris Knott are a good fit for our vehicles most of the time, so I imagine there is some other factor influencing your quote. Being that Chris Knott are a broker and not the underwriter I am not sure if even they could give you the definitive answer to why it's high, but my gut feeling is it's not your car.

Don't take it personally though

I don't take it personally, but I know for a fact my postcode isn't (or shouldn't) be the problem, as it shows as below medium risk.
Certainly in the A-F scale, I'm B or C depending on which source you look at.

<rant>
TBH - Insurance makes me sick to the stomach. It's just a joke.
Look how much young people have to pay out to drive nowadays.. most pay over £2k for a poxy 1l Corsa.
Yeah there are idiot drivers that cause thousands of pounds worth of damage.. but why do I have to pay for that?
I've never had a single accident, and never ever claimed on insurance for anything.. yet I still get offered stupendous quotations.
The whole industry is a joke and quite frankly, I'm on the verge of saying it needs to government run like car tax or the MOT test....

And don't even get me started on the "shared fault / 50-50" bullshit...
</rant>

Finisterre

Post by Finisterre » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:06 pm

being old helps, £270 pa here in Buxton for a 2.0. over fifty.

not for knott though, they wanted 400.
E85 2.0. + E39 530i touring.