Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Real Time Traffic Information

First port of call for new members
Costeta

Post by Costeta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi,
I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand Z4 either a 20i or 28i. Can anyone tell me what's the earliest date that the Sat Navs got Real Time Traffic Information please. I've Googled it but can't find anything other than an article that eludes to 2014 but it's not clear.
Thanks

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:46 pm

MY11 cars with combox AFAIK. Any 4 pot should have it due to the date of their introduction.

A call to BMW connecteddrive services with the vin will be the only way to definitely confirm.

It is a paid subscription based service as part of connecteddrive.

Costeta

Post by Costeta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi Maniac, thank you.
sorry I don't understand the first line of your answer?

Costeta

Post by Costeta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi does anyone know what date Z4's first got Real Time Traffic Information on the Sat Navs please?
Thanks

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:14 pm

2011 and younger, any 4 cylinder engined car should have it but you can't even be 100% sure without getting the VIN(unique car identification number) and calling bmw to ask. Or just ask the seller..

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am

I think you need to find a car with Professional multimedia rather than standard Business Nav

Don't think bus Nav can be upgraded with rtti .. that comes with tmc

Pro Nav comes with rtti as standard .. free for the first three years then about £200 pa to continue it

Tbf .. it not as good as waze

My 09 E90 had it .. so it was around then
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

extrablatt

Post by extrablatt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 pm

earthdweller wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am I think you need to find a car with Professional multimedia rather than standard Business Nav

Pro Nav comes with rtti as standard .. free for the first three years then about £200 pa to continue it

I've just renewed RTTI in my 13 plate and it was in the region of £35 for the year. The pricing is all available in BMW Connected Drive. If you have the VIN number, it will give you the pricing: www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk. You'll need to create a login but I'm happy to check prices if need be.
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

Costeta

Post by Costeta » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks everyone. That's helped a lot.
Sorry but I have another question. I've discovered there is a widescreen Sat Nav which I would like to have in the Z4 I purchase. Was this a specific option (ie over and above a standard screen) or was it a model wide upgrade. If it was a model wide upgrade what reg did it first appear please.
Thank you Regards

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm

It only comes as professional nav, so it will either be that or nothing.

Costeta

Post by Costeta » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi,
I've bought a 63 plate Z4 28i. It's got RTTI and wide screen Sat Nav, so thanks for your help.
I pick it up next Saturday.
In the spec sheet they gave me it has Blow-By-Heater? Can anyone explain what that is please (I'm guessing it's like a heat scarf but not sure)?
Thanks

Costeta

Post by Costeta » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi,
I've found out the Blow-By- Heater uses residual heat from the engine to warm the car useful in cold climates.
Last thing I'd like to find out is the Bluetooth A2DP i.e. can I play music from my phone via Bluetooth? Does anyone know?
Thanks

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:19 pm

extrablatt wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 pm
earthdweller wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am I think you need to find a car with Professional multimedia rather than standard Business Nav

I've just renewed RTTI in my 13 plate and it was in the region of £35 for the year. The pricing is all available in BMW Connected Drive. If you have the VIN number, it will give you the pricing: www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk. You'll need to create a login but I'm happy to check prices if need be.
I looked at it for the wife's F31 with business Nav .. obv different prices for different models

Didn't know they all had pro Nav
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP