Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Automatic gearbox advise

First port of call for new members
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm
And the OP is in the UK, so that site is a waste of time..

Mike
What do you mean...waste of time?!?

I'm just making a point that bmw delivered tonnes of clear indicator pre facelift models from factory. And to make that point I showed what is currently for sale in germany. that there are none currently on ebay or autotrader doesnt mean there wont ever be.
How do you know for sure that bmw never delivered a 2005 model in the uk with clear indicators?
Find one.. Ie, put up or shut up!

Pedantry has it's place, and this thread isn't one of them.

Mike

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 pm

GuidoK.

In the history of this forum I've not seen one factory z4 pre facelift with clear indicators that hasn't had them retrofitted. I've been on here 9 years.

Now stop being pedantic unless you've actually got some decent advice for the original poster, I think mine is pretty helpful if he's looking to buy any current car for sale in the UK.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Your just being pedantic for the sake of it.
18 Z4s owned to date.

bz4kev

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by bz4kev » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 pm

:popcorn: :owned:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Mike
Bit sore that I know how bmw designates all its parts and you dont eh?
:poke:
Not the first time today that you didnt know how to find parts in the bmw parts catalog....
jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 pm
Now stop being pedantic unless you've actually got some decent advice for the original poster,
You havent seen my elaborate post about bumper styles and rear headlight styles?
I think I played my part in posting useful info on that wouldnt you say?
(and btw your profile join date says you've been here for about 7½ years. You had a previous account?)
Last edited by GuidoK on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Mike
Not the first time today that you didnt know how to find parts in the bmw parts catalog....
Now stop being pedantic unless you've actually got some decent advice for the original poster,
You havent seen my elaborate post about bumper styles and rear headlight styles?
Yes you did but just saying from a quick glance the MAJORITY if not all for sale are equipped with orange lamps on a pre fl
18 Z4s owned to date.

Wondermike

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Wondermike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm

You could get pre-facelift clears on very late cars, Cj10jeeper has come across a few on his EBay travels and there have been a few on here, but as you say they are virtually non-existent.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm Yes you did but just saying from a quick glance the MAJORITY if not all for sale are equipped with orange lamps on a pre fl
I never disputed that (mind you, my german example was there to show that bmw has shipped loads of white indicatored lights).
I said that they also have shipped them with clears. I even gave the option code.
I cant help it that apparantly it wasnt a popular option in the UK. But I cant vouch for that none havent been sold. ever.
However I can vouch for that BMW never sold pre facelift cars from factory with facelift bumpers/facelift style rear taillights.

I think people can make up their minds about what would be a more certain way to determine whats a facelift/pre-facelift car.
Certainly if you take into account the number of after factory modifications regarding applying clear indicators or facelift bumpers/taillights (the first one may be even in the hundreds and the second one will be very very few)
Last edited by GuidoK on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Mike
(and btw your profile join date says you've been here for about 7½ years. You had a previous account?)
Some people plainly have nothing better to do than sit in front of a screen driving a keyboard and looking things up, whereas I....

Mike

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm Some people plainly have nothing better to do than sit in front of a screen driving a keyboard and looking things up, whereas I....
Nice to see that you exactly know how I spend my time.
Also interesting to see that you've made 3500+ posts in little over a year..And still not getting the facts straight.
Apparently it takes longer for some.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by firebobby » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm

OP, I love my auto 3.0 and it's the mutts with the sports button pressed, as already said, these are pretty bullet proof boxes.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm Some people plainly have nothing better to do than sit in front of a screen driving a keyboard and looking things up, whereas I....
Nice to see that you exactly know how I spend my time.
Also interesting to see that you've made 3500+ posts in little over a year..And still not getting the facts straight.
Apparently it takes longer for some.
Yes, and a fair percentage of those 3500+ posts have been helpful and constructive, something which it appears cannot be said of your own posts, judging by a brief flick through them. That's how I can tell how you spend your time! Anyway, I've a till to cash up and a shop to shut, so go bore someone else :)

Mike

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by GuidoK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 pm something which it appears cannot be said of your own posts, judging by a brief flick through them.
care to elaborate?!?

But its true, I (apparently, and sadly) spend some of my time correcting the mistakes in your posts you present as 'facts'.
If someone had to do that to my posts, I would say the same things you do as a last attempt to save my face.
You know, wrong info about diff ratio's and headlights, and not be man enough to admit that the info was not quite correct and consequently make some childish claims about how thats not quite worth my time because "I'm better and my posts are all good for the forum" and the guy who corrected me only has non constructive balony posts....

Start acting your age man!

Paulr

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Paulr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 pm

My 2003 2.5 auto is smooth, quick, and a joy to drive,even after 80,000 miles. Makes it feel very upmarket.

I will change the oil soon though, as a preventive measure.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Scott S

Automatic gearbox advise

Post by Scott S » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm driving a 3.0i auto, I've driving a lot of autos and that are 7 speed. This auto box is 2003 5 speed and it's so much more responsive than all the most recent autos I driven. Go for it