Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie from Banbury, Oxfordshire

First port of call for new members
csquire4

Post by csquire4 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:20 am

Scott S wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 pm Well my 3.0i has an issue already :x the internal hydraulic abs pumps is faulty. The good this is, the garage that sold me it is picking up the bill. :D
Welcome and welcome to a the world of BMW tinkering and fault fixing, in my experience BMW's love to throw up a warning light, my old E39 was like Wac-a-mole, put one out and another would appear - however most of our cars are over 10 years old so got to expect some trouble!!.

ABS pumps can be very expensive to replace if you buy a new part from BMW. A lot of people send them off to ECUTESTING to get them refurbed at a much more reasonable cost although not all modules can be repaired.

If you have the 3 lights (DSC, ABS and handbrake light) it might be just the high pressure brake sensor (there's 2 of them top left of engine bay) which is very common. Appeared on mine after 1 week of ownership, this part is about £90 from BMW.
2004 3.0i, manual, toledo blue

Scott S

Post by Scott S » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi, thanks for the info,
I was told that a brand new internal hydraulic abs pump from BMW would cost £1500. As you say to get them refurbed. So my car has been in for 4 days, so with all the work that has to be done to take it out, refurb and reinstall it's coming to £537 or something like that.

Mine is a 2003 model. There are loads of little bits that I want to update, which I'm looking forward to. :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi Scott s another loacal ish forum member hear I am in Witney. Welcome along mine looked just like yours a few years ago when I joined up hear.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi and welcome.

Thanks for the pics - looks nice.

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)