Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie and Z4 18i question....

First port of call for new members
knisys

Post by knisys » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi All,

I'm a recent and proud owner of a BMW and even happier that it's a 2015 Z4 18i..
Please excuse me jumping in with a question or two that have probably been answered but I do promise to take some time and look around recent posts when I've got some more time - I'm just off to work so wanted to post a couple of questions..

I've still got warranty with the car (thankfully) and it is booked in at my local dealer in a couple of weeks time but could anyone shed light on the following couple of questions: -

There are two speakers just to the side of the back of each seat - unfortunately even on a two year old car these have taken a little battering by the seat belt buckle when people have got in and out (maybe a bad place to put them).. The question is when I set the audio fader to full rear, these speakers are still extremely quiet. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Also, when driving at between 35 and 45 MPH, there is a slight whine coming under the car - it's not like a wheel bearing, it's the kind of whine you hear on a worn differential.. Anyone have an idea? The car has only done 21,000 miles.

Any help is much appreciated and once again, apologies if these questions have previously been answered.

Cheers,

Mike.

Filtermike

Post by Filtermike » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:18 am

Welcome - it depends on which sound system you have and which radio station you listen to - if it is the professional system - it is like a surround sound and sometimes the rear speakers don't seem to work if the station doesn't support - there is a setting in the menu to turn it off - should be OK if you listen to CD or media.

I would take to another garage and book it in to have the whine looked at.

:thumbsup:
Jaguar F-Type - Bluefire Blue
M2 Competition DCT - Hockenheim Silver :D
E89 2016 3.5iS plus all the extras - Valencia Orange - gone :o
E89 2014 2.8i M sport Valencia Orange - sold
White E89 2.3i High Line sold and missed