Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie from a BMW Retailer

First port of call for new members
Gaz@S8GRJ

Post by Gaz@S8GRJ » Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello All :D
I've finally found and purchased a stunning example of a 2007 2.0i Sport.... this is my second Z4 as I owned one back in 2008!
Im a Sales Exec at a BMW Retailer in Cheltenham where we have just opened our brand new centre! (You must come and take a look - it's an amazing facility)
My Z4 is finished in Titanium Silver with Black Oregon leather and has a very rare individual piano black dash. Assuming it's rare with looking what is on the market!? I purchased the car as a second car for a bit of fun in the summer as I do have a company BMW with work!
Bit of help to start really.... tomorrow I'm fitting a genuine BMW wind deflector, is this pretty easy to do!??
Secondly.... the front badge, is that also pretty easy to do!? Not sure what is behind to remove pins etc!?? No idea how to post pictures lol

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sat May 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Welcome Abroad, daft question but considering your position why didn't you just ask one of the mechanics at work to tell you or print off instructions etc?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat May 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Welcome along- if you're on a phone/tablet you can just attach pics.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Sat May 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Badge on front will come off with a 10 ml socket the deflector don't think it will be too difficult just need to fit the runners in right position there should be a thread on here somewhere good luck pics would be nice of your ride :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

blackabbot

Post by blackabbot » Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 am

Welcome to the forum, another 2.0i sport in titan silver, we love pictures :thumbsup:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 15, 2017 6:23 am

Welcome
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Welcome along! I expect since you're an Exec. you'll be able to give us all nice big fat discounts if we come through you? :poke:

I'll echo another comment, where are the pics then ey?

For wind deflector if you've just got the centre section you'll have to mark out and then screw in. Use a small pilot hole. (I'm assuming you've not got the whole wind deflector kit as there are sections that go in the roll hoop sections).

For the badge you need to slip something like a zip tie cable inside (between badge and front bumper) and it pulls out. I don't think it's secured by anything... like nuts/bolts?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, although you seem to have dropped off the radar ?? Maybe possible to arrange a local meet up at your new facility ?
If you do come back, remember the photos :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Tue May 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Welcome.... and don't forget the pics :wink:

The badge is held on by two small nuts and a locating pin. To remove, you need to take the front grills out (grip at the top and gently pull out and down) then remove the nuts from the back of the badge.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."