Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 3.0si coupe rear springs?

First port of call for new members
sb157

Post by sb157 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 am

Hi guys - I'm looking to buy one of these cars currently - I keep seeing mention of the rear springs having to be replaced often?

Could you guys give me an idea of how often, and what sort of cost on average? Ofcourse it varies from car to car, Just want to make sure I'm not bankrupting myself anymore than I already am by buying one! haha

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 am

howdee
the rear springs are an issue, but in fairness not a bad issue as they are around 20 to 30 to buy and take no more than 15 mins to replace, they dont even need spring compressors or any such equipment, very easy.
stock springs last just like any other really, say 10 thousand miles maybe more, its not like they break every 10 miles.

most like me, upgrade to a decent set, spend say 120 and they last, and can be lowered, or stock height,
but dont be scared they are awesome cars that will only increase in value :thumbsup:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:20 pm

It's not that often.. it seems to be random but 20-30k miles is what I'd expect them to last. My coupe is on 59k and only one spring was replaced. I replaced them both once the 2nd one failed with suplex parts and it was £30/spring and took less than an hour to do both sides on my own without any special tools.