Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4 owner from the Cambridge area

First port of call for new members
Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Jay and today I purchased a Z4 Coupe. A car I've lusted over for a couple of years now!

I've only driven 50 miles or so, but loving the car so far. I've really missed having a car that's so keen to rev, what with having an oil burner for the last 9 years.

Anyway, I'll try to add a few pictures now :)

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum great looking coupe
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:36 pm

So you've bought it then Jay! :thumbsup:

Nice to welcome another Coupe owner - car looks great!

I also had an oil-burner before I got mine - it was like a revelation!

And now you've got a whole weekend to put some more miles on it. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi and welcome.

Thanks for the pics - very nice.

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Jay-SP wrote:A car I've lusted over for a couple of years now!
Me too. And having bought a Z4C a few months ago the lust has turned into carnal pleasures :driving:

Welcome !
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Lovely car welcome
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 am

jabber wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum great looking coupe
Thanks! It wasn't my first choice of colour, but I'm glad I went to look at it. The silver with blue leather really works well. Very pleased with my purchase so far.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:17 am

Mr Tidy wrote:So you've bought it then Jay! :thumbsup:

Nice to welcome another Coupe owner - car looks great!

I also had an oil-burner before I got mine - it was like a revelation!

And now you've got a whole weekend to put some more miles on it. :driving:
I did, I knew I'd buy it if my mechanic friend said it was good. He did spot a few issues with it, but nothing major. And it's definitely very good for a 10 year old car. I do want to get it wax oiled, and I will probably get someone to professionally detail it sometime soon. Will wait for slightly nicer weather though. Going to need front brake disks soonish as well.

Thanks, I think it looks great too!

Oil burner served it's purpose very well. Pretty much trouble free motoring for 9 years. I've got nothing bad to say about it at all, e46 320cd M Sport. Bought it 3 years old and it's survived very well. Let me down once in all that time, now over 200k on the clock.

I do have the weekend, although tomorrow I'm testing a new Porsche Cayman 718 S :) Obviously not looking to buy it, but was offered the chance to test it and can't refuse!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really looking forward to the Z4. Does the forum organise track days or meets?

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 am

RickRob wrote:Hi and welcome.

Thanks for the pics - very nice.

Enjoy :driving:

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:19 am

NickDE wrote:
Jay-SP wrote:A car I've lusted over for a couple of years now!
Me too. And having bought a Z4C a few months ago the lust has turned into carnal pleasures :driving:

Welcome !
Another new owner! How have you found your first few months of ownership?

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:19 am

jamie_z4 wrote:Lovely car welcome
Thanks for the welcome :)

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:29 am

Jay, silver was my last choice also but find it shows the lines of the z4 off perfectly
18 Z4s owned to date.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:38 am

jamie_z4 wrote:Jay, silver was my last choice also but find it shows the lines of the z4 off perfectly
Is yours silver as well? I'm glad I went to look at it - I knew instantly that it was the car I wanted. I originally wanted blue, then I spotted a black one that I liked. But the 2 tone red/black interior was a bit much for me. Glad I gave the silver one a chance.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 am

Jay-SP wrote: I did, I knew I'd buy it if my mechanic friend said it was good. He did spot a few issues with it, but nothing major. And it's definitely very good for a 10 year old car. I do want to get it wax oiled, and I will probably get someone to professionally detail it sometime soon. Will wait for slightly nicer weather though. Going to need front brake disks soonish as well.Thanks, I think it looks great too!Oil burner served it's purpose very well. Pretty much trouble free motoring for 9 years. I've got nothing bad to say about it at all, e46 320cd M Sport. Bought it 3 years old and it's survived very well. Let me down once in all that time, now over 200k on the clock.I do have the weekend, although tomorrow I'm testing a new Porsche Cayman 718 S Obviously not looking to buy it, but was offered the chance to test it and can't refuse!Thanks for the welcome. I'm really looking forward to the Z4. Does the forum organise track days or meets?
There have been quite a few ex oil-burners buying Z4s. I had an E46 320td for 3 years, then a 123d for 6 and a half! Did 124K miles with the 2 and neither stranded me, although the 1 Series needed a battery and starter motor (the benefits of stop/start maybe) and the N47 engine scare stories made me make the change!

I'd loved the look of E86s ever since I first saw one, so that was an easy decision!

Just read your post on the other thread BTW - you got a great deal! Hopefully the time of year helped. :o

Enjoy your drive in the Cayman, but not too much! :wink:

I don't remember seeing anything about any Forum trackdays, but down my way a member set up a monthly meet back in November. We only had 4 the first time, but in January there were 15 I think, plus a 911 and an M3 despite the rotten weather! Just keep an eye on the Meets/Events thread - or you could start one! (I sold my first one to a Forum member in Suffolk).

Grotty photo from our last local meet follows:-

Attachments
P1030085.JPG
P1030085.JPG (94.54 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:41 am

Jay-SP wrote:
jamie_z4 wrote:Jay, silver was my last choice also but find it shows the lines of the z4 off perfectly
Is yours silver as well? I'm glad I went to look at it - I knew instantly that it was the car I wanted. I originally wanted blue, then I spotted a black one that I liked. But the 2 tone red/black interior was a bit much for me. Glad I gave the silver one a chance.
It is mate. I had a dark blue coupe before my current silver roadster the silver really shows off the shape even more so with the coupe
18 Z4s owned to date.