Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello all, a newbie from across the Channel

First port of call for new members
Aruba-Sun

Post by Aruba-Sun » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Good afternoon all,

Although living across the Channel & English not bring my native language, I'm glad I could join this forum.
After many years of just imagining ever having a Z4 myself, a was finally so lucky to come across an affordable 5 year old 2.0i roadster with a "winter roof" included, with only 4.700 km (~ 2.900 miles) in 2011 and have been driving it for just over 5 years already now. So it was about time I joined a forum right?..
Not really a rubber burning version, this 2.0i, but at least it keeps me smiling also after leaving the gas station, with the ridiculous Dutch taxes on everything, including gasoline..
Looking forward to reading all your interesting posts and hope I can share some useful info for others as well soon, although I'm not much of a handy man myself, nor having a garage to work in.
Tried uploading a picture direct from my ipad, but the photo file type is not accepted..
(Any tips if it is possible anyway to upload pics from an ipad? )
Will have to look into the photobucket thing that I read about in a newbie-post (not looking forward to another password to remember... OMG...)
Enjoy your (Z4) travels :driving:
grtz Marc :thumbsup:

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Welcome- you can now add photos as attachments if you want to avoid photo bucket etc.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Enjoy the Forum and the Car :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:15 pm

You took your time to get here, but you're very welcome

Looking forward to the pictures. If you have good quality pictures it is best to use something like Photobucket.

Enjoy the Forum and the car :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:29 pm

Welcome to the forum
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

Aruba-Sun

Post by Aruba-Sun » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Thank you metal licker, Paddy Wright, Ronk, RickRob, jabber & buzyg :thumbsup:
And also the people who might still react afterwards.
Will try to take a look at attaching pictures directly, but possibly the Apple photo format is not accepted. Also having quite a lot of problems with all the computer stuff here lately :headbang:
Isn't that what they call "progress"? :D

Don't have many car pictures yet, but my car isn't that "exotic" looking anyhow; am searching online for ideas, tips etc on how to give it an "upgrade to the present", so I can enjoy the cruising even more; for instance that I can listen to own music via Bluetooth or aux or other gimmicks, instead of only the current radio & CD.
A question still: if I want to share my experiences with the car (or better: car issues), I probably should look for a similar topic first and add my "story" there, and if I don't find an applicable post, just start a new one myself with appropriate title and post it there for others?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 am

Welcome to the forum OP. :thumbsup:

If you can't find a thread that deals with what you want to say, just start a new thread - but you still need to post photos (in case nobody mentioned this)!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:18 am

Aruba-Sun wrote:Thank you metal licker, Paddy Wright, Ronk, RickRob, jabber & buzyg :thumbsup:
And also the people who might still react afterwards.
Will try to take a look at attaching pictures directly, but possibly the Apple photo format is not accepted. Also having quite a lot of problems with all the computer stuff here lately :headbang:
Isn't that what they call "progress"? :D

Don't have many car pictures yet, but my car isn't that "exotic" looking anyhow; am searching online for ideas, tips etc on how to give it an "upgrade to the present", so I can enjoy the cruising even more; for instance that I can listen to own music via Bluetooth or aux or other gimmicks, instead of only the current radio & CD.
A question still: if I want to share my experiences with the car (or better: car issues), I probably should look for a similar topic first and add my "story" there, and if I don't find an applicable post, just start a new one myself with appropriate title and post it there for others?
Welcome - search is your friend, especially regarding upgrading your audio. If you don't have satnav, you can replace the stereo with an aftermarket one and a blank for the vents. Or you can install a device in the existing stereo harness (I have a Dension unit) which can let you play from a USB memory stick (or Bluetooth, although I don't have this version). There are a ton of threads here about audio.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome to the forum, happy you have eventually found us. Looking forward to your contributions and seeing your Zed :)
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

jack07

Post by jack07 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Welcome Marc,
Keep trying with the picture thing :thumbsup:
:driving: :thumbsup: :) This is the car I've been waiting for http://s611.photobucket.com/user/markhorner100/albums

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:26 pm

IMG_1834.PNG
IMG_1834.PNG (431.56 KiB) Viewed 861 times
This is just a try from my iPad

Method:-
Select Attachments Tab
Add the file from your library etc
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: