Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally got my Z4C

First port of call for new members
NickDE

Finally got my Z4C

Post by NickDE » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks all for the welcome :D

It's definitely Nachtblau. Says so on the VIN decoder, plus on the sticker in the engine bay. Plus is blue on the V5. Quite why BMW felt it necessary to offer the coupe in so many varieties of nearly but not quite black is a bit of a mystery.

The auto thing is because I have a dodgy left knee. It is usually not a problem, but if i drive a manual for more than a few days the clutch starts to cause a dull aching all the time. Plus I enjoy the kickdown. :driving:

I am very lucky to have the fleet (although total cost is less than the price of a basic 118i). In the BMW Museum there is a room dedicated to road car engines. On display are six generations of straight six engines. I know own half the display with a M20B25, M52B28TU and N52B30 :evil:

IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG (65.85 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

rosskins

Finally got my Z4C

Post by rosskins » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm

That appears lighter than carbon black in the sun - love it :thumbsup:
Current: F-Type AWD V6 & M135i
Before: ZR3.0si, 525d, 325ti, 120d, A3-2.0DSG, 323T4x4, MX3-V6, 2CV, MetroVP, Mini850
Zed was fitted with: None run flats, Stubby, Cruise, Intravee, DrilledFogs, WiredCam & 326s

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Finally got my Z4C

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:52 pm

NickDE wrote:Thanks all for the welcome :D

It's definitely Nachtblau. Says so on the VIN decoder, plus on the sticker in the engine bay. Plus is blue on the V5. Quite why BMW felt it necessary to offer the coupe in so many varieties of nearly but not quite black is a bit of a mystery.

The auto thing is because I have a dodgy left knee. It is usually not a problem, but if i drive a manual for more than a few days the clutch starts to cause a dull aching all the time. Plus I enjoy the kickdown. :driving:

I am very lucky to have the fleet (although total cost is less than the price of a basic 118i). In the BMW Museum there is a room dedicated to road car engines. On display are six generations of straight six engines. I know own half the display with a M20B25, M52B28TU and N52B30 :evil:
Much more welcoming on here than another forum I use (but much less frequently these days). :thumbsup:

Nachtblau sounds interesting, and probably quire rare!

I was surprised how many variations of black and silver the Z4s came in (especially Coupes) - so was really pleased I managed to find one in Montego Blue. But Hellrot would have been even better!

Sorry to hear about your knee, but kick-down with a 3 litre N52 must be entertaining. :lol: They do like to rev!

Enjoying my pair - both cost me less than half what I paid for a pre-reg 123d back in 2008, and both are so much better to drive (even if a bit less economical)! I suspect my daily might feature one of the other engines in the BMW display - M54B25?

After nearly a misguided decade in 4 pot tractor-engine BMs I don't ever want to not have a straight 6 petrol!

Enjoy your fleet, but especially your Z4C. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

NickDE

Finally got my Z4C

Post by NickDE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:30 pm

We had some dry cold weather today, so managed to fit in a wash and wax. Hand washing a car for the first time is a real bonding experience, plus I also wanted to get a coat of good wax on before winter really hits. We also got to play a bit in the November sun before swapping over onto personal plates.
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG (160.23 KiB) Viewed 603 times
By the way, are coupes supposed to collect a puddle of cold water at the bottom of the rear screen ?
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Finally got my Z4C

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 pm

NickDE wrote:
By the way, are coupes supposed to collect a puddle of cold water at the bottom of the rear screen ?
Sadly they all seem to do that!

The Roadster owners enjoy describing it as a bird-bath, but it's less of a problem than a drowned roof motor. :lol:
Last edited by Mr Tidy on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Charlesell

Finally got my Z4C

Post by Charlesell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Welcome! I've never been a fan of coupes or any other type of hard top, but hope you enjoy it every bit as much as I do mine. :)

85genius

Finally got my Z4C

Post by 85genius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Lovely car! Welcome to the forum

Nachblau is a great colour in person my mate's E46 is a midnicht blue one and on a sunny day it l;ooks immense in fact almost as good as ruby black :wink:
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny