Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

First port of call for new members
Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 am

Rob_benton wrote:
Pastry wrote:Hello and welcome

I'm between Tring and Leighton Buzzard and up for a drive out if ones on the cards :thumbsup:
Be a bit careful of the local coupe drivers, I hear they go both ways :o :wink:
Me too by a couple of miles !!
Hi Rob, I'm in Cheddington , how about you?

Where do you usually go for a run, if at all? There seems to be way too much traffic and a lack of decent roads locally
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by firebobby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 am

Pastry wrote:
Rob_benton wrote:

I'm between Tring and Leighton Buzzard and up for a drive out if ones on the cards :thumbsup:

Where do you usually go for a run, if at all? There seems to be way too much traffic and a lack of decent roads locally
Very close to Pitstone Paul, there is a very nice Museum there.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 am

firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote: Hi Rob, I'm in Cheddington , how about you?

Just up the road Fred but didn't know about a Museum, is that to do with the windmill?
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by firebobby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 am

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote: Hi Rob, I'm in Cheddington , how about you?

Just up the road Fred but didn't know about a Museum, is that to do with the windmill?
This is the place Paul http://www.pitstonemuseum.co.uk/
Really nice place to visit, with lots of interesting items, including a Lancaster bomber front fuselage. Maybe have a mini meet up next year.
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:21 am

firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote: Very close to Pitstone Paul, there is a very nice Museum there.
Really nice place to visit, with lots of interesting items, including a Lancaster bomber front fuselage. Maybe have a mini meet up next year.
Good idea Fred :thumbsup: Ive lived here for 16yrs and never knew about it, although Mrs Pastrydid so Ive just been told! :oops:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by firebobby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:32 am

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote: Just up the road Fred but didn't know about a Museum, is that to do with the windmill?
Good idea Fred :thumbsup: Ive lived here for 16yrs and never knew about it, although Mrs Pastrydid so Ive just been told! :oops:
:rofl:
Ok, I will speak to Mrs FB and try to arrange a meet next year, as they only open a few times a year :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

ekimj10

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by ekimj10 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:40 am

There is a link somewhere on the Forum whereby members can pinpoint their location.
I can't find but I'm sure someone smarter than me will be able to.
2.2R Toledo Blue

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by MrPT » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:28 pm

firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote:
Rob_benton wrote:

I think there are some great roads near you two! E.g. Park Gate from L.Buzzard to Mentmore. Just need to get up at 6am on a Sunday morning to enjoy them properly. :driving:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 pm

MrPT wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote:

I think there are some great roads near you two! E.g. Park Gate from L.Buzzard to Mentmore. Just need to get up at 6am on a Sunday morning to enjoy them properly. :driving:
I frequently drive from Mentmore to LB and it is lovely but even early on a weekend the Lycra brigade are out in force :o My signature pic is the entrance to Mentmore Towers opposite the green :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by MrPT » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Pastry wrote:
MrPT wrote:
firebobby wrote:
I frequently drive from Mentmore to LB and it is lovely but even early on a weekend the Lycra brigade are out in force :o My signature pic is the entrance to Mentmore Towers opposite the green :thumbsup:
You're right - I've been quite lucky recently with some early Sunday morning runs that have been relatively cyclist-free, but yeah, in general you need to be ultra cautious.

A413, Aylesbury to Buckingham is not a bad shout then - it's way too fast a road to safely thrill, but there are multiple options to dive down smaller roads, and when you find a decent stretch you can "session" it for a while. The loop between Aylesbury, Whitchurch and Waddesdon can be quite fun when it's not busy, especially since they built the Northern link road. The stretch west of Whitchurch is a good handling test due to the bumps and off camber corners. Amazing difference going down there in the M vs my old si.

Maybe a hoon that starts in Bucks and quickly progresses to Scotland or North Wales is the answer? :P
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel

Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:22 pm

MrPT wrote: You're right - I've been quite lucky recently with some early Sunday morning runs that have been relatively cyclist-free, but yeah, in general you need to be ultra cautious.

A413, Aylesbury to Buckingham is not a bad shout then - it's way too fast a road to safely thrill, but there are multiple options to dive down smaller roads, and when you find a decent stretch you can "session" it for a while. The loop between Aylesbury, Whitchurch and Waddesdon can be quite fun when it's not busy, especially since they built the Northern link road. The stretch west of Whitchurch is a good handling test due to the bumps and off camber corners. Amazing difference going down there in the M vs my old si.

Maybe a hoon that starts in Bucks and quickly progresses to Scotland or North Wales is the answer? :P
Thanks for that, I vaguely know that way so will investigate some routes.
As it happens Im meeting a couple of members tomorrow to discuss a longer hoon but south of here, possibly until we reach the Med! :driving: :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

Rob_benton

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Rob_benton » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Pastry wrote:
Rob_benton wrote:

I'm in Eaton Bray.

I always like a drive through Ashridge over Ivinghoe Becon. Not fast roads but nice all the same.
It's the bloody cyclists in their packs I hate. I bet we can have over 200 going through the village some weekends in total.
2005 Z4 3.0 Black, Zhp gear knob.

Pastry

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by Pastry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Rob_benton wrote: I always like a drive through Ashridge over Ivinghoe Becon. Not fast roads but nice all the same.
It's the bloody cyclists in their packs I hate. I bet we can have over 200 going through the village some weekends in total.
If I'm Tring way in the Zed I'll normally take the long way home via Aldbury, Ashridge the drop down into Pitstone which is well worth the extra miles :thumbsup:
I shoot over Stewkley way some Sundays and the whole route from mine is littered with packs of the idiots. They are so arrogant and aggressive these days there is a real animosity towards them.... I blame Bradley Wiggins!! :wink:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by firebobby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Pastry wrote:
Rob_benton wrote: I always like a drive through Ashridge over Ivinghoe Becon. Not fast roads but nice all the same.
If I'm Tring way in the Zed I'll normally take the long way home via Aldbury, Ashridge the drop down into Pitstone which is well worth the extra miles :thumbsup:
I shoot over Stewkley way some Sundays and the whole route from mine is littered with packs of the idiots. They are so arrogant and aggressive these days there is a real animosity towards them.... I blame Bradley Wiggins!! :wink:
You stubby boys need a whip, I lash the barstewards as I drive past the packs of shites on bikes :whistle: :whistle:
I ride a bike for a bit of a fitness workout, but would never ride like some of these knobs, hogging the roads in their hordes :poke:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Herts, Beds, Bucks?

Post by MrPT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Did a recce this morning. 6:30am start.

B4011, north of Long Crendon was mega! Best road I've found in Bucks in a while.