Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie from Northamptonshire - Tyre Choice

First port of call for new members
EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Yeloperil wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:13 pm
chapeau wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm I've done a couple thousand miles on my rs3's. Very impressed with them so far, although i don't tend to drive like an f1 racer. :?
Hi Chapeau,
On the Tyrereviews website ratings scale the Uni RS3's recently came 2nd out of 10 tyres tested with excellent wet performance and generally well balanced. However I read elsewhere they are noisy and average for fuel consumption.
As my wife will frequently be driving the RedZed she dislikes a hard and noisy ride so do you think she will be pleasantly surprised?
I've not used the RS3's but they are rated C for fuel consumption, A for wet grip and 73db for noise. For comparison, the Bridgestone RF's already on you car are F for fuel consumption, C for wet grip and also 73db for noise. For the money the Uniroyal's look good.

chapeau

Post by chapeau » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am

I moved up from 17s on super cheap budget tyres that sytner had fitted to the car up to 18s with rs3s. I can't say i have noticed any extra road noise but with the roof off the wind is always louder. As for ride quality hard to compare like for like due to tyre sizes but some of the other guys may be able to offer some opinions.
If noise is an issue you could always add extra sound proofing in the doors, its something i intend to do in the spring (or sooner if we have a nice week of weather)
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Welcome. Avon zz5 are also a well priced good choice. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

chrisgreen

Post by chrisgreen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:10 am

welcome - I too am going to change from bridgestone RFT - I've got goodyear F1 AS3 on my M3- and they are superb.

I found Uniroyal 3 wear quite quickly - but they are good
'04 E85 Z4 3.0 silver/black - daily driver :driving: - Sold
'02 E46 M3 PY/Kiwi
'05 E46 330d Touring - Silver Grey/Black

Vegas

Post by Vegas » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi and welcome aboard.

I also have a set of Avon ZZ5's and have no complaints with them. :thumbsup:
3.0 Auto, Sterling Grey, Hardtop, Professional Nav, DSP, Digital TV, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Xenons, MFSW, Cupholders, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Folding Mirrors, Memory seats, Wind deflector, PDC, 108's, LED sides and Fogs, Stubby, Intravee.