Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie here - better late than never

First port of call for new members
Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi Mr Tidy

Loved the silver / blue combo back in the day. My mate had one in the 80's with the full RS body kit on it...

Everyone loved the look of my Capri. Pic's don't do the paintwork justice to be honest. Also caught a few people out... I made reference earlier in the post but it had an unmarked secret....the Turbo Technics conversion taking it to 230 bhp. Pushed a lot of newer powerful cars along at times...

But it would find the slightest drop of moisture on the road and use that as an excuse to try and kill you... :o
I ain't fallin for no banana in my tail-pipe!
Jester's dead!

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi and welcome.

I too have a soft spot for Capris - have owned three, 2 x 1.6 litres and 1 x 2.0 litres. I am still hoping for a "cheap" barn find to come along to give me some tinkering to do when I retire. Yours looked a beauty!

Anyway, that's gone, you have a Zed, so life is good. Even better when it's all fixed.

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Cooky3 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pmHi Mr Tidy

Loved the silver / blue combo back in the day. My mate had one in the 80's with the full RS body kit on it...

Everyone loved the look of my Capri. Pic's don't do the paintwork justice to be honest. Also caught a few people out... I made reference earlier in the post but it had an unmarked secret....the Turbo Technics conversion taking it to 230 bhp. Pushed a lot of newer powerful cars along at times...

But it would find the slightest drop of moisture on the road and use that as an excuse to try and kill you...
I know the feeling - mine both had that trait even without a turbo!

You probably needed the LSD out of an Injection Special.

(I was told that would have stopped mine blowing up when I took it to the mender's after a "spirited" getaway - a few teeth escaped out of the back-plate on the diff). :oops: Still it got me home, driving gently so the other detached teeth stayed in the bottom of the casing! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Cheers RickRob and good luck with the find. Issue now of course is the cost of body panels, if you can find any...

It had an LSD Mr Tidy, and an axle location kit, upgraded suspension etc. Was still rubbish in anything other than desert conditions... :D
Jester's dead!

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Had a 3.0s, a 2.8 AND a Brooklands, back in the day... Wrote them all off unfortunately....

Mike

Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:20 pm

It's always grim up north as they say.... Either very wet there or your right boot had a metal toe cap :rofl:
Jester's dead!

Vegas

Post by Vegas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Welcome to the forum buddy. Used to have a 3.0 litre ghia in mettalic racing green. Very happy memories. :thumbsup:
3.0 Auto, Sterling Grey, Hardtop, Professional Nav, DSP, Digital TV, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Xenons, MFSW, Cupholders, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Folding Mirrors, Memory seats, Wind deflector, PDC, 108's, LED sides and Fogs, Stubby, Intravee.

Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Cheers Vegas. 3.0 Essex engine sounds the business. Especially with a larger bore exhaust (subtle increase not dustbin size...)! :wink:
Jester's dead!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Cooky3 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pmIt had an LSD Mr Tidy, and an axle location kit, upgraded suspension etc. Was still rubbish in anything other than desert conditions...
Eek! :o

Still you know what they say, if you aren't living on the edge you're taking up too much room! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Cooky3

Post by Cooky3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Yeah, something like that... :)

That's why you have the 3.0si....stick some skinny rubber on that to really thin out the edge.... :thumbsup:
Jester's dead!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Welcome- love the capri!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!