Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Hunt Begins...

First port of call for new members
AlexP

The Hunt Begins...

Post by AlexP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

So, the hunt begins for the perfect car, I've looked at a couple but they were not exactly as advertised, my ideal spec:
3.0Si
Heated sports seats
SE suspension
MV2 Wheels
Montego Blue
Oregon Leather
Flexible on colours though

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

The Hunt Begins...

Post by RickRob » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi and welcome.

Can we assume that you are looking for the Zed choice of the discerning driver - a Roadster?

Make sure that you specific a whippy aerial on your list of wants! :)

Good luck with your search.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

AlexP

The Hunt Begins...

Post by AlexP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:03 pm

ah yes, it's got to be a Roadster, got to love wind in your hair (or wind on your bald head in my case) driving!

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

The Hunt Begins...

Post by Grumpyowl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Good luck with your search, I believe there's quite a few on here who have to be careful with the wind on the bald head myself included. Careful with the sunburn :lol:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

The Hunt Begins...

Post by buzyg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Welcome on board. Pretty reasonable spec list. What price range are you looking at?

AlexP

The Hunt Begins...

Post by AlexP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 pm

Looking up to about £6.5k ish... but if one comes up cheaper :wink:

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

The Hunt Begins...

Post by MACK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:32 am

Welcome aboard. Might be difficult to land one in your specific spec, particularly the M Sport Seats/SE suspension. My advice would be get an M Sport model as they are much more plentiful than the SE and try the suspension. If you don't like it, first change the tyres to non runflats and if your still not happy look at changing the suspension itself to either Eibach/Bilstein B12 or OEM SE stuff.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

kinger

The Hunt Begins...

Post by kinger » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 pm

hi
Welcome to the forum
Mike

Current - E89 35is Saphire Black
Previous- E89 35i Space Grey

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

The Hunt Begins...

Post by firebobby » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, good choice in wanting a roadster (proper Z) for the wind on the baldy patch like me :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

The Hunt Begins...

Post by mr wilks » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:37 pm

AlexP wrote:So, the hunt begins for the perfect car, I've looked at a couple but they were not exactly as advertised, my ideal spec:
3.0Si
Heated sports seats
SE suspension
MV2 Wheels
Montego Blue
Oregon Leather
Always good to have a target to aim for but as already noted looking for a Se with sport seats whilst not impossible is not going to leave you with a choice of cars to work through
Budget often helps buyers achieve their wants but kicking off with specific desires & a budget upt o £6500 is also going to prove difficult
2016 has been a strange one across the Z market & if you scrolled back through 6-8 months you would see some great cars going at bottom dollars
Whether 2017 continues that way is total guesswork but my hunch is it won't :? I suspect the roady season from March will pick up healthily as it always does but with no brexit to spoil the party come June i can't see it being a year for bargain Zs whether they're 2.5 , Si,s , Ms or 89s
Just my thoughts :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

The Hunt Begins...

Post by Marlon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:27 am

mr wilks wrote:
AlexP wrote:So, the hunt begins for the perfect car, I've looked at a couple but they were not exactly as advertised, my ideal spec:
3.0Si
Heated sports seats
SE suspension
MV2 Wheels
Montego Blue
Oregon Leather
Always good to have a target to aim for but as already noted looking for a Se with sport seats whilst not impossible is not going to leave you with a choice of cars to work through
Budget often helps buyers achieve their wants but kicking off with specific desires & a budget upt o £6500 is also going to prove difficult
2016 has been a strange one across the Z market & if you scrolled back through 6-8 months you would see some great cars going at bottom dollars
Whether 2017 continues that way is total guesswork but my hunch is it won't :? I suspect the roady season from March will pick up healthily as it always does but with no brexit to spoil the party come June i can't see it being a year for bargain Zs whether they're 2.5 , Si,s , Ms or 89s
Just my thoughts :thumbsup:
Mystic Zed :D I wouldn't bet against you mr wilks :wink:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

AlexP

The Hunt Begins...

Post by AlexP » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:38 am

Cheers for the input guys, I've listed out my 'perfect' car but I am pretty flexible on most of the spec but would really like heated sports seats, got one lined up to view over the weekend a little over budget but looks really good in the photos I've been sent.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

The Hunt Begins...

Post by mr wilks » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:13 am

AlexP wrote:Cheers for the input guys, I've listed out my 'perfect' car but I am pretty flexible on most of the spec but would really like heated sports seats, got one lined up to view over the weekend a little over budget but looks really good in the photos I've been sent.
Ideal , , what i was trying to say is be flexible & you should get close to your aims but hanging back for "the one" could well see the hunt get even more difficult if prices do bounce a little come next spring
If the Se is your choice due to softer ride then its worth trying a sport as ive had a couple & they didn't feel crashy or hard , granted i ran M sized rubber which helps :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo